ENERGY MANAGEMENT EXPERTS
Course : Master of Business Administration in Energy Management
University : Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP)
The ever-increasing energy demand and the threat of fast depleting energy resources in recent times have caused concerns on sustainable energy supply worldwide. Under these circumstances, the oil, gas and energy industry both domestically and globally faces the urgent need for managers and professionals who are not only competent in managing their businesses but who are also visionary leaders capable of driving their energy businesses in a sustainable manner in tandem with the challenging environment. The offering of a Master of Business Administration in Energy Management programme is expected to become a very apt solution to develop visionary leaders for the energy industry.
To develop leaders who are competent in driving and sustaining global energy business.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
At the end of the programme, graduates should be able to:
• Analyse current and emerging trends in the global energy sector to develop and implement effective energy
management strategies for global sustainability
• Evaluate business decisions to ensure efficient and sustainable management of resources and the
• Integrate management, leadership, and business principles to perform strategic roles in the energy
ADVANTAGES OF PURSUING THIS COURSE
• The MBA-EM programme will expose students to a wide range of real-work challenges and will enrich students’ learning experiences through a variety of learning approaches – such as seminars, case studies and research and consultancy based projects – targeted at authenticating the classroom learning experiences.
• Students will be exposed to visiting
CAREER OPTIONS UPON GRADUATION
It will enhance the student’s managerial capability as he or she moves up the corporate ladder.
UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI PETRONAS (UTP)
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) offers a wide range of industry-relevant engineering and technology programmes complemented by quality education in management and the humanities with the aim of producing well-rounded graduates. It has a strong emphasis on research and development, and conducts extensive research activities in collaboration with PETRONAS and other institutions and industries locally and abroad.
UTP is the only private university in Malaysia to be ranked in the top 127 under the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) University Rankings: Asia 2016 and was ranked at 288 for the 2015 QS World University Rankings under the Engineering and Technology Faculty. UTP is also the only private university in Malaysia to be rated a four-star institution by QS, with a maximum five-star rating in five areas, namely employability, internationalisation, innovation, facilities and inclusiveness. UTP is also the first and only private university to be awarded a six-star rating (the highest performance level) by Malaysia Research Assessment for its research, development and commercialisation efforts. UTP continues to provide distinctive educational opportunities to its students with the rating of Tier 5 (Excellent) University for SETARA and D-SETARA.
NAME OF COURSE
Master of Business Administration in Energy Management
SPECIALISATION MODULES (ENERGY MANAGEMENT)
• Energy Value Chain
• Energy Management
• Energy Technology and Innovation
• Low Carbon Economy and Sustainability
• Energy Regulations and Policies
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION/STUDY
The 50-credit hours, 20-months MBA-EM programme features a dynamic and robust curriculum that includes 10 business core and five energy management specialisation modules, namely Energy Value Chain, Energy Management, Energy Technology and Innovation, Low Carbon Economy and Sustainability, Energy Regulations and Policies. In addition, the programme structure also incorporates business research methodology, consultancy management and report
• Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
• English proficiency: TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS band 6 or MUET band 4. Exemption is provided for candidates who are native English speakers or holding a degree with English as the medium of instruction.
Dr. Maran Marimuthu
MBA Programme Manager
Management and Humanities Department
Email : maran.marimuthu@petronas. com.my
Phone : +605-368 7770